Sunday 14 September 2014

Would you rather...? (book edition)

So I am lying in my bed bored and don't know what to do, so I decided it might be fun to do the  Would you rather book tag. I wasn't tagged (obviously) but you don't really need to be tagged to do this kid of things do you? So I will be answering the questions that go along with this tag and maybe you will also find out some more information about me. :)

1)Would you rather read only Trilogies or stand-alones? 
This is a hard question because I mostly read trilogies because you come across them the most but they all seem to have a really good first book, then a okay second one and you could always leave it at the second because the third is sometimes just dragging on. Stand-alones can also be good fun but you can never get all of that character development that you can get in a trilogy. Because of this I will be picking only trilogies since I really like to see characters develop through the story in case you haven't already realized....

2)Would you rather read only Male authors or only Female?
I never EVER pick a book based on the gender of the author. However having to pick on I will have to go for female authors for two reasons. One: Girl power. Two: if I couldn't read female authors I would not be able to read Divergent, Vampire Academy, Bloodlines, The darkest minds, shatter me... Should I go on I haven't even made a dent in this list.

3)Would you rather only shop online for books or in bookstores?
This is a no brainer. I have to pick bookstores because it is one of the only places where I feel at peace. When I shop online for books, even though it is more convenient and cheaper, I just don't get the same feeling.

4)Would you rather all books become TV shows or movies?
I have to say movies because even though when they do, do a book-to-movie adaptation they take a lot of things out, in a TV show they would have to put a lot of other stuff in to keep it going and I don't like the idea of that.

5)Would you rather read 5 pages a day or 5 books a week?
Well I more or less read three books a week so I am going to go with reading 5 books a week and 'challenge' myself a bit. 5 pages a day would just drive me crazy!

6)Would you rather be a professional reviewer or a professional author?
This is hard because I love reviewing books and writing. Thinking about it though I think that I may like reviewing a little bit more like microscopic bit more. So because of this I think that I would rather be a professional reviewer.

7)Would you rather only read your top 20 books or only new ones?
Even though I really like my top twenty books I can always still remember them and I am not so big on re-reading books (unless it's Divergent) so I would rather read only new books.

8)Would you rather be a Liberian or a Bookseller? 
I would rather be a bookseller because then maybe I can get a discount in the bookstore I work in...?

9)Would you rather read only your favourite genre or all genres but your favourite?
I would rather read only my favourite genre since it is dystopian and I can not live without my dystopian books!

10)Would you rather read only physical books or only e-books?
It is killing me to say this but I would rather read e-books because I read books so fast and have to take multiple books with me when I go away. I also cannot live without my kindle. Although just because I picked only to READ e-books does not mean that I will stop collecting physical ones as well.






No comments:

Post a Comment