Tuesday 5 April 2016

First Chapter Tuesday Intros & Teaser Tuesday #12 - "Goat Children" by Jordan Elizabeth Mierek

Every Tuesday Diane @ Bibliophile By the Sea hosts a weekly meme called First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros. Basically, this is when you share the first and maybe the second paragraph of the book you are currently reading or want to read soon.

Teaser Tuesdays is a meme hosted by MizB @ Books and a Beat, where you need to open your current read to a random page and pick two spoiler-free sentences.

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!



Chapter 1 
Bodies crushed against each other, a blur of hair and clothes, in the mad dash to exit the subway. The air smelled of the greasy restaurants above and felt stuffy, despite the bitter cold that rattled through the damp subway tunnel. My mouth watered as I sniffed roasted chestnuts. You haven’t eaten dinner yet, my rumbling stomach scolded. I slipped past a man speaking rapid Spanish to board the train, grabbed a pole, slid on to a seat, and pulled my green bag higher towards my chest. The two paperbacks inside jammed into my ribs. With a groan, I shifted into a new position, wondering what glorious worlds awaited within the glossy covers. “Whoa ho, ho, ho.” More people ranting on the subway. It could never be a quiet ride. I opened my bag to peer at the fantasy novels. I’d chosen thick books because they lasted longer and made the reading more rewarding.

Teaser
“Sorry about this.” I shut the door and followed Oma into the kitchen. “Her name was Lauren.”
Oma threw the dust bunny into the garbage and shook her head. “What happened to my little Keziah?”
“I’m still your little Keziah!”
~18%

7 comments:

  1. Interesting teasers. I especially like the first one. I haven't heard of this book before. This week it is an historical romance - Luck Is No Lady by Amy Sandas - on my adult blog. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that intro and am very curious about this one Angelina. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great intro. I want to know more and would keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have to keep reading a least a little bit more to see if I got into it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how she looks forward to her books...a familiar feeling for book lovers. Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “FRICTION”


    ReplyDelete
  6. A fantasy novel does sound perfect for a long ride. I'm definitely curious about this one and hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the description in the opening. Obviously, all of us can relate to someone who loves to read!
    My Tuesday post features a mystery thriller: THE SHADOW CARTEL.

    ReplyDelete